Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
FAQ Swiss Future Farm
The Swiss Future Farm (SFF) is a project of the Arenenberg Education and Consulting Centre (BBZ), GVS Agrar AG and AGCO Corporation. The project partners use the common synergies to take up the opportunities created by digital change for agriculture and to create practical solutions for farmers.
At the SFF test facility in Tänikon, state-of-the-art machines and software are used under real conditions. Farmers, experts and visitors are given an insight into the collection of data, which is continuously evaluated and integrated into the development of new technologies and farming methods.
The Swiss Future Farm is located on the Tänikon experimental farm. The location is south of Aadorf in the Canton of Thurgau and can be reached by car in 40 minutes from Zurich or St. Gallen. Take the train to Aadorf station and then walk for 15 minutes in the direction of Tänikon.
81ha agricultural area:
- 55 ha arable farming
- 20 ha grassland
- 6 ha biodiversity area
- 65 dairy cows
- 55 sows
- 1 Operations Manager
- 3 Project Managers SFF
- 7 Farm Employees
The BBZ Arenenberg is the agricultural education and consulting center of the Canton of Thurgau. On the "Arenenberg" training campus, basic or secondary agricultural training as well as farmer's wife or farm manager training can be completed. With the school and experimental farms at Arenenberg, in Güttingen and in Tänikon, the BBZ has three locations for practical training and consulting.
AGCO Corporation is a global leader in the development, manufacture and sale of high-tech solutions for farmers. The Group includes the Fendt, Challenger, GSI, Massey-Ferguson and Valtra brands. Since 2007, AGCO's headquarters for the European and Middle East markets have been located in Neuhausen am Rheinfall, Switzerland. With FUSE© AGCO has a Smart Farming division. The products cover the entire crop cycle and optimize, connect and simplify agricultural processes through technology.
GVS Agrar is a subsidiary of the agricultural cooperative association of Schaffhausen. It is the leading importer and manufacturer of agricultural machinery in Switzerland. The company offers service, spare parts supply, distribution and import for all AGCO brands. GVS Agrar has a network of more than 140 own bases throughout Switzerland.
- At the SFF, Smart Farming technologies will be made tangible and presented to a broad audience in an understandable way.
- The knowledge gained from the projects is transferred into practice via workshops and guided tours, so that the employees of the project partners, the farmers and other stakeholders benefit optimally from it.
- The SFF sets an example in innovative cooperation between private companies and public education and consulting (Public Private Partnership).
- The SFF supports research and development activities and puts them into practice.
- The SFF establishes Tänikon as an important meeting place for agriculture.
A PPP is a contractually regulated cooperation between the public sector and private sector companies in a special purpose vehicle. The aim of a PPP is the division of labour, whereby the public sector ensures that public welfare objectives are taken into account.
The SFF tests new technologies in practical use. The collected data is made available to research upon request. The SFF does not conduct its own research.
At the SFF, a wide range of different brands of agricultural machinery are in use. In the tractor sector, products from the AGCO Corporation (Fendt, Valtra and Massey Ferguson) are used, while for the implements, machines from various manufacturers (Rabe, Horsch, Krone, Agrar, Jeantil, Sulky, Monosem, Treffler) are in use. Farm Management Information Systems (FMIS) are used as local and cloud-based systems.
One of the aims of the SFF is to test the practical suitability of innovations from various manufacturers in agricultural equipment. The following principles are followed:
- SFF is managed using technology and products from AGCO and GVS Agrar
- For specific Smart Farming applications, the SFF concept is open to third-party solutions
- SFF has no direct sales and promotional activities
- The SFF does not offer exclusivity
- The SFF does not advertise products
- The SFF mentions all providers and products that are in use at the SFF via different platforms (social media, web pages, visitor tours, field days, etc.)
The SFF is open to interested visitors. We are looking forward to your inquiry under:
Swiss Future Farm
Phone +41 76 434 87 73