Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
One aim of the Swiss Future Farm is to network the farm and use the latest technology for the sustainable and efficient management of the existing agricultural land.
The following technologies are used at the SFF:
Machinery and equipment:
- Tractors of the AGCO brands Fendt, Massey Ferguson and Valtra
- Most tractors are equipped with automatic guidance systems and can be used for automated documentation
- Camera controlled mechanical weeding equipment for row crops
- Combine with yield mapping
- Slurry tank with integrated NIR sensor for nutrient measurement
- Seeding, fertilization and crop care technology with Section Control and Variable Rate Application
- Pessl Metos: weather station, soil sensor and crop camera
- Fritzmeier: nitrogen sensor for arable and grassland farming
- Drones: DJI Phantom 4 Pro for field inspection
Farm management and information systems:
At the Swiss Future Farm, FMIS are used for digital documentation and for planning and evaluating precision farming activities. The following systems are currently in use:
- NEXT Farming
AGCO Precision Planting: precision planter with integrated soil sensors to measure soil moisture, temperature and organic matter. Based on sensor measurements, the down force is automatically regulated.
The technology was specially adapted to European conditions for use at the SFF and assembled at Agrar Landtechnik in Balterswil.